Orange County GOP Convention
Calling all Orange County Republicans! Please plan to attend this important OCGOP event. It's a great opportunity to get involved!
The purpose of a County Convention is to conduct the business of the local Republican Party. We propose and vote on Convention Rules, Resolutions, the Party Platform and our County Plan of Organization.
At the Precinct Meetings, we will elect Precinct Chairs (in odd-numbered years only) and Delegates (including Alternates) to represent Orange County at the District and State levels by attending the District 4 Convention on April 3, 2021 in Raleigh and/or the State Convention in Greenville, June 3-6, 2021.
In odd-numbered years, we also elect our new County Officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer). If you are interested in nominating someone for one of these positions in 2021, or would like to self-nominate, please contact the OCGOP Second Vice-Chair and head of the Nominating Committee, Larry Smith by Thursday, February 18.
8:00am - 9:00am
9:00am - 10:00am
10:00am - 12:00 noon
2021 Convention Documents (please check back periodically - new documents will be posted as they are finalized):
- Convention Rules
- Information on Resolutions (Process, Schedule, Sample, Word Template)
- Proposed Plan of Organization
- Event Flyer
Justice Phil Berger, Jr.
North Carolina Supreme Court
Senior Vice President, John Locke Foundation
New to the convention scene or still have questions? Please visit our Convention FAQs page for more information.
We must strive to end the harmful policies of the progressives in Orange County, in North Carolina, and in America if we hope to preserve our Constitutional government!
Special Note Regarding the 2021 Convention: Due to the uncertainties surrounding Coronavirus, the convention will be held in a hybrid format consisting of an in-person event at Sunrise Church (with social distancing and safety protocols in place) combined with a simultaneous virtual option for those who are uncomfortable attending in person.
- Those attending in person will be required to sign a Covid waiver at check-in.
- Those attending virtually will receive login information by email prior to the event.
- If you are not able to attend your Precinct Meeting either in person or virtually, but would still like to be considered for a delegate, precinct officer, or committee position, you must also register at the link below, pay the required $10 registration fee, and follow the subsequent instructions to complete your registration as an Absentee, including submission of the required Absentee Letter for consideration. Return of an Absentee Letter does not guarantee election; attendees at the Precinct Meeting take precedence over absentees for purposes of filling positions with a limited number of allotted spots.
When registering, please use your legal name and precinct as shown in your voter registration record. If you need to look up your record/precinct name, you may do so here. Your precinct name is shown in the "Jurisdiction" section of your voter registration record.
CONVENTION REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
1315 New Hope Trce
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Google Map & Directions