We previously alerted you to H.R. 1, Nancy Pelosi's "For the People" Act that the Democrats are trying to push through Congress.
H.R. 1 has now passed the US House of Representatives, 220-210. This bill addresses voter access, election integrity and security (TOP OF LIST), campaign finance and ethics for the three branches of government.
The real test for Democrats will be getting it passed through the US Senate. Biden pledges to sign it into law if it passes the Senate. This has real impact on how future elections will be conducted in America.
H.R. 1 would federalize and micromanage the election process administered by the states, imposing unnecessary, unwise, and unconstitutional mandates on the states and reversing the decentralization of the American election process—which is essential to the protection of our liberty and freedom. It would (among other things) implement nationwide the worst changes in election rules that occurred during the 2020 election; go even further in eroding and eliminating basic security protocols that states have in place; and interfere with the ability of states and their citizens to determine the qualifications and eligibility of voters, ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, secure the fairness and integrity of elections, and participate and speak freely in the political process. This isn't the time for RINO’S.
Click over to Heritage Action's Toolkit for background, talking points, call notes, and more (or see the summary of H.R. 1's effects outlined below).
CALL OUR SENATORS NOW!
We encourage everyone to call our Senators from North Carolina NOW to stop the passage of H.R. 1 before it's too late. It is critical for all of us to make these calls immediately.
Senator Burr 202-224-3154
Senator Tillis 202-224-6342
Don’t delay! Thanks for taking action.
H.R. 1: For the People Act
The bill would:
- Sabotage state voter ID laws
- Mandate same-day voter registration
- Automatically register ineligible voters
- Unconstitutionally require states to restore the ability of felons to vote
- Require ballots be counted outside of the voter’s precinct
- Creates unaccountable redistricting committees
- Alter Federal Election Commission into a partisan organization
- Force taxpayers to fund campaigns that violate their own deeply held beliefs
- Force candidates and organizations to reveal their donors' names, exposing them to Leftist bullies
Source: Heritage Action for America
- H.R. 1 would federalize and micromanage the election process, imposing unnecessary, unwise, and unconstitutional mandates on the states.
- It would reverse the decentralization of the American election process—an essential protection of our liberty and freedom.
- It would implement nationwide the worst changes in election rules that occurred in 2020 and further damage or eliminate basic security protocols.