Since the election, the OCGOP has been hard at work lobbying our state legislature for measures to improve the integrity of our elections here in North Carolina and avoid a disastrous future election outcome like that in Georgia. You can read our latest letter to House Speaker Tim Moore here.
Now, we must work at the federal level to stop the passage of H.R. 1, the "For the People" Act, a bill initiated by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to further sabotage voter integrity in America. (See the summary of H.R. 1's effects below.)
While the House was expected to vote on H.R. 1 last week, division amongst House Democrats and the narrow margin for passage have already forced Speaker Pelosi to delay the vote. It is critical for all of us to take advantage of this delay to make calls and send emails to our elected representatives immediately. Click over to Heritage Action's Toolkit for background, talking points, call notes, as well as contact info for Senators Burr, Tillis and Congressman Price (or use the numbers below).
Senator Burr 202-224-3154
Senator Tillis 202-224-6342
Rep. Price 202-225-1784
Don’t delay! Thanks for taking action.
H.R. 1: For the People Act
The bill would:
- Sabotage state voter ID laws
- Mandate same-day voter registration
- Automatically register ineligible voters
- Unconstitutionally require states to restore the ability of felons to vote
- Require ballots be counted outside of the voter’s precinct
- Creates unaccountable redistricting committees
- Alter Federal Election Commission into a partisan organization
- Force taxpayers to fund campaigns that violate their own deeply held beliefs
- Force candidates and organizations to reveal their donors' names, exposing them to Leftist bullies
Source: Heritage Action for America